ADA Paratransit Service
Board of Directors
Drug & Alcohol Testing Consortium
Recent GHTD Initiatives
Spruce Street Parking Lot
ADA PARATRANSIT SERVICE
“Providing a safe and outstanding quality of service to all of our riders is our top priority.”
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title II, Section 223, the Greater Hartford Transit District provides transportation services for individuals who, because of their disability, are unable to travel on the fixed route system operated by CTtransit. This service is designed to provide those with disabilities equal access to public transportation. You may be eligible for the service if, because of a disability:
You cannot independently travel to/from fixed route stops.
You could use an accessible fixed route vehicle, but the route that would be used is not accessible.
You cannot independently navigate the system even though you can board the bus.
Your eligibility certification will be based on ADA eligibility guidelines, including a face-to-face interview an environmental check and/or a professional verification. If you are approved, you will receive your identification card in the mail within 21 days, and you will be ready to use the service.
Follow these easy steps to apply for ADA Paratransit certification:
- Request an application:
Online: Go to www.ctada.com to download an application or to access the online application form
By Calling: (860) 247-5329 extension 3100
By E-mail: email@example.com,VLopez@ghtd.org
By Mail: ADA Applications, Greater Hartford Transit District, One Union Place, Hartford, Connecticut 06103
- Complete the application: Whether applying online or with a written application, it is important that you complete the entire form so we can provide you with the best possible service. Please note that your doctor is NOT required to fill out or sign the ADA Application but you must supply the requested information about your doctor.
- Submit the Application: submit your application via the mail or if you used the online form, submit it online.
- Follow up: Once you submit your ADA application, wait a week and then call to schedule your face to face interview at 860-724-5340 extension 1. Let the reservationist know if you would like to set up a free ADA ride to your interview and the reservationist will walk you through the next steps in the process.
- Interview: At the ADA interview, we will review your completed application with you. We will also discuss your functional abilities and limitations in more detail. You will also have an opportunity to ask questions about the fixed route public transit service (CTtransit) in addition to the ADA Paratransit. If you like you are welcome to bring a family member, advocate, or friend with you to the interview. Please be prepared to have your photograph taken.
- Eligibility Decision: You will be notified of your eligibility for ADA Paratransit by letter within 21 days after your interview, assessment, receipt of professional verification and any follow-up questions. If we determine that you are not eligible for ADA Paratransit, we will notify you by letter of the specific reasons for this decision, and also tell you how to appeal the decision.